Opening Ceremony, Sat Feb 11 from 8:45 to 9:30am and Other Important AnnouncementsPosted: 01-26-2017
Opening day is upon us this Saturday, February 11, 2017. The opening ceremony is from 8:45 am to 9:30 am and is one of only 3 occasions the whole league is together during the season. Please make sure to be there with your player in uniform for team introductions. For older division players, opening ceremony is a time to see friends and past teammates. For the little ones, it’s a great experience to celebrate and be a part of something new. Opening veremony will feature the JROTC Color Guard, the National Anthem sung by returning 12U player Valerie Stecker (Go Val!) and first pitches thrown by PYSA Alumni and supporter Katie Austin (caught by 12U Madelyn Egan) and longtime PYSA supporter and owner of Hodads, Shane Hardin (caught by 12U Jaysa Nichols). Team pictures will occur throughout the day and the snack shack will be open all day. Please support the league by stopping by the snack shack for refreshments and our famous Hodad burgers. There will also be a helmet air brushing vendor at the fields for any players that want to get their helmets airbrushed. Part of the proceeds go back to the league. It’s a good day to spend at the fields to enjoy “Softball by the Sea”.
Please see some important announcements below.
- Opening Ceremony Saturday, February 11, 2017 from 8:45 am to 9:30 am. Please make sure to be there with your player in uniform for team introductions.
- First games will be played at 10 am.
- Game Schedule – The game schedule is posted on the PYSA website. Please refer to the website for the latest schedule update.
- Uniforms – Uniforms are in process and will be distributed towards the end of the week to team Managers/Parents.
- Picture Day – Team pictures will happen on Opening Day. A schedule will be posted on the PYSA website later in the week and will be communicated to team Managers/Parents.
See you opening day! Let’s play ball!