Peninsula Youth Softball Association (PYSA) is a San Diego based, recreational fastpitch softball league for girls ages 4-16. Originally founded in 1966 as Peninsula Girls Bobby Sox, it became Peninsula Youth Softball Association in 1994; PYSA is nonprofit, volunteer-driven and affiliated with the Amateur Softball Association (ASA). The league attracts girls from central San Diego’s coastal communities such as Point Loma, Ocean Beach, Pacific Beach, Bay Park as well as neighborhoods in Mission Hills, Hillcrest, North Park, Downtown/Golden Hill, Old Town and many more! Our girls come from more than 27 local schools, and approximately 30% of the players have siblings in the league. Read more
Note from the PresidentPosted: 11-07-2017
Can you believe it, it’s that time again to lace up those cleats and knock the dirt off your gloves. The board has been working weekends and late hours to prepare for a great season!
A few logistics for everyone:
- This is a volunteer league and with that we are always looking for a hand to ensure our girls get the best possible experience.
- Coaches: We are always looking for experienced and non-experienced potential new coaches
- Training is provided for those of you who are interested but have no experience. You can indicate your interest on the registration form and one of our Division Directors will contact you.
- A coaches meeting is scheduled for Jan 3, 2018 at 7:00pm at Jim Howard Hall (Robb Field).
- Evaluation dates are scheduled for the Saturday Jan 6, 2018 (makeups are Sunday Jan 7th) at Robb (specific division times are TBD).
- Sign-ups after evaluation date will be placed on a team if space is available. When you sign up, reach out to friends and encourage them to come out and play!
- Team Night is Friday night, January 19, 2018 at which team teams will be announced.
- Opening Day is scheduled for Feb 10, 2018
- Keep an eye out for several fundraising events throughout the season. You won’t want to miss out!
- Clinics have already started in preparation for a great 2018 season. Please keep an eye on your email for information.
- And last but just as important, make sure to like us on Facebook!